You cannot tell me that I'm the only one who feels the urge to buy cds and dvds and having physical media again? Or maybe you do love having everything in one place, one click away from you and, honestly, I do too but there's this je ne sais quoi that only offline media has.
Let's dig into this for this new gem!
In most of the schools nowadays, students aren't allowed to use their phone. Most of them probably still use them, but others decided to get smart with it! That's how millions of students across the world got closer with mp3s and walkmans to keep listening to music. Definitely a my way or the highway situation
In my opinion physical media also got really famous for another reason: the need to own something and not just have it thanks to a subscription that we pay monthly. cds, vinyls and dvds will always have something that streaming apps could never have: character and personality ! Each and every one of them has a story behind it that is told through the design of the cd, the photos in the booklet and all the extra accessories they give when you buy one.
I'm a HUGEE Conan Gray fan and when I tell you that he spoils us fans, I'm not kidding. When you buy the Superache vinyl, for example, you dont get only the vinyl itself but also lyrics posters, polaroids and much more !
Physical media's comeback is very much true and Olivia Rodrigo confirmed it with the music video of Drop Dead
She even started selling her own walkman on her shop along with the tape of The cure and Drop Dead the singles that debuted You seem pretty sad for a girl so in love, Olivia Rodrigo's latest album (which I really recommend by the way it is sooo good!!)
You might start thinking that this comeback is only in favor of the artists but its not true. When we talk about cds, you can copy the songs on the pc to then transfer them on your mobile phone,
to listen to them without ads AND legally! And this is not even talking about the thousands of playlist you could burn on cds and tapes.
Although I can't argue that streaming apps are much easier to manage, especially when the space in our house/apartment is minimal, I still think that it would never have the same effect that cds and dvds have on us. I mean, the dvd menus are just so iconic!
It might be the nostalgia talking since well... I'm also the one who decided to create a blog in the big 2026, but I know I'm not the only one who thinks that the world is losing its colors. Us humans created a lot of great things and tried to improve them while they were perfect already. It's either perfectionism or enough is never enough mentality. Don't get me wrong, the mobile phones and the streaming apps are really great improvements that made our everyday life much easier but is easier really better?
For instance, texting is definitely easier than sending a letter but when we receive a letter we feel so loved and seen. That's because writing a letter takes time and dedication and it adds more meaning to it. Plus, let's admit that letters are simply more aesthetically pleasing.
I love writing letters and I'm not saying we should communicate like this but we shouldn't let it die too. Did you know that in Denmark PostNord sent the last letter ever? As in they will NEVER send another one?
In the 2000s the letters sent by danish people were 1.5 BILLION and it dramatically dropped throughout the years (around 100 million every year!) so the PostNord took the decision to stop sending letters but only packs. Now Dao will be sending parcels and letters but Denmark no longer has a state postal service.
In conclusion, I'm so glad we're evolving and improving everyday, but I don't think that everything about the past should be in a museum and stay in the past. Many now considered old innovations are still crazy good and used by many (aka me) even if some could think that it's only nostalgia and melancholy.
Well that was my humble opinion tho, what do you think?
see you soon with another gem! ★
1 comment:
GIRL THE BLOG IS SOOOO COOLLLLL,KEEP GOINNNNNNNNN
Post a Comment