2026-09-18

crew girl - love triangle or not?

 So this new series was released on Netflix: Crew Girl.
Of course I binge-watched the whole serie and I have A LOT to say. The weirdest think you'll hear me say today will be that I'm not feeling the love triangle, nor the love if I have to be completely truthful.
Apart from the romance, Crew Girl tells the story of this girl that has a passion for rowing but she has to move out and transfer in a new school with no girl rowing team, and that's when the serie really starts.

Let's dig into it for this new gem!!

Hey clovers!!

How are you? How is school going? I just finished the first week and I'm tired already.
Anywhooo,

Today's topic is the new serie Crew Girl.
I have some considerations which are pretty mixed. I still don't know how I feel about this serie so I'll say what I wanna say (without spoilers, hopefully) and let y'all decide if it's worth watching it or not.

I've recently been getting out of my comfort zone a lot and I found this type of series alll the same. Since The summer I turned pretty it felt like a copy and paste for me and it was comforting, until it became boring. I stopped watching a lot of series because of it: Maxton Hall, My life with the Walter boys etc. They just felt so repetitive. 

This serie, on the other hand, leaves you hanging till the end that's why I'm very sure we will get another season (honestly, not mad about it)
I am still very sure who she will end up with cause of the similarities but, who knows, maybe the script-writers will surprise us.
While I have a preference between the two boys courting her, I would love for her to not end up with anyone. She (Teagan, known as Crew Girl) is such a powerful character and I think getting in a relationship would lose a bit of her persona and strength. Teagan started a new life basically from scratch and she worked her ass off to get a place in an all boy rowing team because that's her passion: rowing. My fear is they will make her relationship her whole personality, letting us think that was he goal which wasn't nor will ever be. I'm not against her getting with someone but I don't want this to be a just-romance-centered serie because it's not.

What I loved about this serie is that every episode was correlated to one another but still felt very different, leaving you wondering what would be the next episode's vibe. For instance, there was this episode that was sooo suspenseful and mysterious literally on the edge of the chair 'till the very last minute. I really hope this will be the same in the next serie.

I don't know if I loved or hated this but I'm going to add it anyway. One thing I noticed is that the "mean girl" wasn't very mean girl, she felt very reasonable, which is not very mean girl like. I'm going to give you guys an example cause if not I'll look crazy. For who saw Soy Luna as a child, do you remember how Ambar (the mean girl) fucking put up a fire because the main character got with her ex boyfriend? Well I do. Now maybe she was more evil than mean, but she then became kind. Her character development was crazy.
That's why I found the mean girl from Crew Girl very reasonable. Also, not to spoiler, but her boyfriend was kind of a dick so she had every right to have a villain arc, but didn't.
Not going to lie but the ending hinted something for sure but again, this is a no spoiler blog post, so I'll shut up. 

I LOVED the plot so much, I'm not even joking. I've never watched a rowing serie, at least not where it had this large meaning in the plot, and I truly loved it. Also while watching it I understood how little was my rowing knowledge: barely existing.
The relationship that Teagan has with the team is so pretty and wholesome, truly feels like a family which is probably another reason why I can't imagine the crew girl with anyone from the team. It would just bring problems, conflicts and the team would scramble apart.
And lastly, no spoiler but there is some rivalry between two cousins which felt toxic and healthy at the same time, but believe me, it was definitely toxic.

Soo what do we think? Would you watch it after reading this? After all I still enjoyed the serie but that's just me.
As always, let me know what you think,
and I'll see you next friday with another gem!! ★★

No comments:

crew girl - love triangle or not?

 So this new series was released on Netflix: Crew Girl . Of course I binge-watched the whole serie and I have A LOT to say. The weirdest thi...