This first came out in one of Proust's Novel In Search Of Lost Time, where the narrator dips a madeleine in tea and while they eat it, it triggers childhood memories. From here, the Proustian madeleine.
Everyone has their own madeleine(s) and I'm here to share some of mine!
let's dig into it for this new gem!
Hey clovers!
I know a lot of you while listening to a song or watching a movie it reminded you of a certain someone or a certain moment, don't lie!
This is called a madeleine and I love the thought of it! I've always thought that we are what and who we love and this makes it much more meaningful to me.
That also explains why when we go on vacation we want to buy something that will remind you of it, like magnets, for instance, but everyone does it differently, like this one girl I saw on Tik Tok that buys the book Little Prince every time she visits another country! I found it such a cute idea!!
But enough with the chit chat, I'll tell you five or maybe more idk of my madeleines!
Every time I smell jasmines it reminds me of my vacations when I was still a child, especially when I went to this fantastic hotel near the sea and with a pool! I remember finding out that you needed a swimming cap to swim in the pool and we went buying one along with goggles!
Also, don't ask me why, but I was so damn obsessed with geography that I bought a book about it there and showed it off in class later on lol.
When I smell them my mind brings me back to me walking at the beach with flip flops talking to my mom about literally anything that came to my mind.
- fun fact! Jasmines are very important in pakistan's marriages!! Both the groom and the bride wear them on their big day!
2. Angel Elixir by Mugler
This is actually my all time favourite perfume, I've tried others perfume and I switch up actually every once in a while but nothing could ever compare. I also tried the not so new anymore, alien eau de parfum, and it's really good too! That is when I started loving Mugler's fragrances.
The perfume reminds me of a transitioning period of my life. I just changed school and that summer was actually one of my best.
Also, this summer I found a dupe, or at least that's what I think, from Hawaiian Tropic and I've been using that one!!
Conan Gray is my favourite artist. Not one of, the one and only, I'm not even kidding, I only started listening to other singers. I actually discovered Conan Gray with his first album, Kid Krow, but I only ever started listening to him more with Superache. It is still one of my favourite album and People Watching is definitely still on my top 3 four years later.
This song reminds of many things but the main one right now is the Wishbone World Tour. It was one of the best day of my entire life. Listening to this song live cured me and it is now one of my best memories.
This was a gift from my parents and I used to fidget with it a lot, especially in my old school. When it broke it was like when one of those lucky necklaces break, meaning that they did their job and now we continue on out own.
And of course it also reminds me of when they gifted it to me, before starting high school.
I was sad when it broke because I was really attached to it, we even tried to fix it but later on, I understood that it was inevitable and that sometimes, we can't control it all and it's what makes life fun. Never knowing what could happen next.
5. The tote bag
yes The, because it's not any tote bag. In 2020 I used it and brought it everywhere and it was my very first tote bag. Now, I only use it when I go to my music lessons so it definitely reminds me that, my love for music and playing it, because music gave me lots of opportunity and I'm so grateful for it and for my teacher
I now have LOTS of tote bags (it was definitely not a phase for me lmao), and each of them is really meaningful to me.
I now have LOTS of tote bags (it was definitely not a phase for me lmao), and each of them is really meaningful to me.
Also, this tote bag now is reallyyy worn out so I'm giving her a break and not using it as much as I would but she will come back stronger trust.
Okayyy, very emotional post today but I had fun writing it, so I'm glad I did!
If you want to share your madeleine down in the comments, I'm very eager to read about it so, don't be shy!!
I'll see you soon with another gem!! ★ ★

No comments:
Post a Comment