2026-08-19

journaling: how to make it FEEL yours

You want to start journaling but you don't know what to write about or you get bored of it after a week or two? This blog post is for you!! Today I'll explain how I got out of the never ending cycle of wanting to journal but don't know how to! I'm talking from experience. I really wanted to start but never even got the chance to. If you are just in this situation right now it's probably because you are brainwashed to think that journaling is writing in an aesthetic way with lots of colors and stickers which may be true for someone but the world is beautiful cause it's various and not everyone journal like that and I'm here to help you find your own way of journaling!

Let's dig into it for this new gem!!

Hey clovers!
Today I'll be your big sister, and help you with your new on-going journaling hobby!
If you always wanted to start journaling you came to the right place!
Here are some tips and advices to finally make journaling your safe space!!

When I just started, I made the biggest mistake ever: tried to be aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, some people really want the aesthetic type of journaling and there is nothing wrong with it but everyone is made differently and I'm definitely not the
aesthetic kind.
When I journal I just want to clear my mind. so I don't care at all if it's messy or neat.
This is the first step: don't worry about the appearance, worry about the meaning firstly, everything will come spontaneously after!

Second advice: maybe writing in it is not the solution for you!!
I write in my journal but that doesn't mean that you have to too!! I know about people who draw doodle or write song lyrics! Journaling is your own and you're the only one who knows how to do it right!!

Third advice: consistency is the key to everything... except this.
Journaling is your safe space, you don't need to journal everyday, I don't. I mostly use it to remember a great day or to vent a little and understand what's happening in my mind.
Don't feel guilty if haven't journaled today, life gets busy and maybe today you don't need to journal. Your safe space can wait but you're life is always going! Don't stop living for it!!

Lastly: have fun!!
Remember it's still a hobby. You should like it and enjoy it! Sometimes we forget to do things on our own way because we idealized it sooo much. We need to slow down a little every once in a while and journaling helps you realize it too!

Well, now you're ready to start journaling!! These are the mistakes I did when I first started so you don't make them too!!
Remember to have while doing it and that it's personal hence, no one should dictate how to do it other than yourself!!

Hope this helped some of you!!
And I'll see you soon with another gem!! ★★

No comments:

crew girl - love triangle or not?

 So this new series was released on Netflix: Crew Girl . Of course I binge-watched the whole serie and I have A LOT to say. The weirdest thi...