2026-08-08

to be cringe is to be free



Larping is the action of pretending to be something you're not, like the modern poser, in somewhat way. It actually has a negative connotation, used to accuse someone of being fake. But why would someone do that? I mean... It's not like someone is going to judge them by saying they're weird or cringe, make fun of them, record them and pos it on socials so other people can mock him? Oh wait.

Let's dig into it for this new gem!

Hey clovers!
I hate how we normalized judging people, just because they like something that we don't. Firstly, because it makes zero sense, and secondly, because it kills diversity. Why should we love and do the same thing?
It would bore me sooo much to be like everyone else, at some point, people wouldn't even know what to talk about, since we're all living the same life, with the same hobbies and same passions.

While searching for the definition of larping, I came across LARPing, a role-play game with zero negative connotations whatsoever. It made me cackle a little, since the people that are judging would HATE role-playing. LARPing means live-action role-playing, where a group of people role-play elves vampires and other fantastic creatures. 
Even the term they are using as an insult is actually full of whimsical and "weird" things.

The word is mainly used to accuse someone of not truly liking an artist or a hobby but enjoying it only temporarily because of the hype it's getting.
Beside the fact that it is literally one of the way most people find out about a new passion or movie, singer etc., I would be thrilled if anyone find interesting one of my passions and I think that is the whole point of social medias, sharing. Definitely it was not judging.

I'm gonna be an hypocrite for the shortest span of time ever: Larping is wrong. Fake-liking something just to be accepted is stupid and won't make you enjoy being yourself, because you currently aren't.
Unfortunately, people have been judging and making fun of other people since the first man evolved probably, so you'll be called cringe and weird for the rest of your whimsical life, or maybe not. I very much believe the "you can't love someone until you love yourself" and I think it works out pretty well here too. If you accept yourself others probably would too, and if they don't, at least you will.
So yes, larping is wrong, but there's a difference between faking that you like something and discovering a new passion, and that difference is that one of them is not larping. 

As I said on my previous post, you can't control it all, but what you can control is what do you think about yourself. Life is too short to care about others opinion so only care about your own! Start enjoying what YOU like and stop wondering if they will call you a poser or a larper. There will always be someone judging and while it's a pain in the ass, it is true. live for yourself, and maybe the haters will start doing it too.
As a weird person myself, let me tell you that even if we try our HARDEST we will never beat the weird allegations so might as well embrace it.
The best thing about your life is that it's yours and no one else's, so why are we making others choose for you? Start living however you like! be whimsical, be weird, be true, be whoever you like but you have to like it.
I love social media for one thing: you can find people your soul sisters there , connect with people all around the world with your same passions and yes, there may be haters there, but there is also girls girl people, your favourite fandom's edits, people that make you laugh and lots more positive aspects
Social media might have made it easier for haters to hate, but it also made it easier for us to feel less lonely, It is a very double sided place lol.

I hate how whatever we do we will be judged, especially on social media, even though it can be an amazing place.
Do you remember Tamara? The girl of the 365 buttons comment? I'm sure she had fun watching all the comments and videos about her but still, it was a pretty shitty thing to do to a person because it kinda still considered bullying
in somewhat ways so...
But we can also look at it from another perspective: The "weirdest" people, which I consider the more whimsical ones, are the ones that get recognized and become famous, because, and now I'll say a painful truth for the haters, they are the funniest and amazing-est people ever.

In conclusion, don't be a slave to what others think, be a slave only to freedom. To be cringe is to be free is quite literally my motto. Living your life scared to do ANYTHING it is not even living, it's called surviving, and we are not in the position to do that yet. When there will be the first apocalypse, I'll come and change this.


Okay, I actually wanted to do like a social critique but it came out more sentimental sooo yea. I'm sorry lol
let me know what you think!

I'll see you with another gem!★★

2 comments:

Cel said...

Je suis totalement d'accord avec ce que tu as dit. Le mot gênant est utilisé pour un oui ou un non, que ça en devient ridicule. Au final, ça nous empêche juste d'être nous-mêmes

giaaa ★ said...

C'est exactement ça!! La peur d'être jugé nous empêche de vivre pleinement et c'est dommage

crew girl - love triangle or not?

 So this new series was released on Netflix: Crew Girl . Of course I binge-watched the whole serie and I have A LOT to say. The weirdest thi...