Yesterday new movies from Disney were announced at d23 fan event, and I'm so excited to see all of them but especially the originals!
Since the founder died the company became really scared to release originals and that's why for some of the movies they used drafts and they have released mainly sequels and live actions. They were playing it safe and I don't blame them. The founders created not only a company, but an entire world of dreams and imagination. I would be terrified of messing it up too.
I'm glad that some new originals are coming out and very excited to see them on the big screen for the first time!!
Let's dig into it for this new gem!!
Hey clovers!
It's crazy because I was complaining to my friends how I wanted new Disney movies and here they are. While I am more than thrilled to finally see Frozen III, Coco 2 and many other sequels, that thrill is multiplied by a thousand for the new original movies announce by Pixar, Disney or both together.
The latest original by Disney was Wish and it did not get the best reviews. I have watched it and I unfortunately agree. The plot was bland for me and everything pretty much expectable. The problem with the movie is that it's forgettable: neither the plot nor the song or characters felt memorable. On the other hand the previous original, Encanto, was a literal hit! Songs so catchy they lived rent free in my mind for years and a plot interesting that definitely give off Disney vibe!
After two years of no original movies released Disney and Pixar came back stronger than ever with three new originals: Hexed, Gatto and Ghost Market!
Let's see what we know about this on-coming movies!
Hexed was actually announce a month or so ago but at the d23 we had some insights of the voice actors for the animated characters!
This movie tells the story of a teen who fins out she's a witch with magical power. Later on she discover a witch world called Hexe where with her mom she reveal family misteries able to change Hexe's dynamic.
By the plot the movie doesn't seem bad at all right? The animation is definitely more for a children based audience but other critiques were centered on the filming of the movie. Many people are claiming that this movie and others were "tiktokified", meaning the movie was made for tik tok so it can be watched with the vertical format of the social media without problems. Today, most of the promoting for literally anything is made using social medias therefore, I think that the trailer was probably "tiktokified" for this reason and that we should give hope to the movie since the plot, from my point of view, is really intriguing.
The movie will come out in the United States on November 25 and a couple of days later in other countries!
This movie made by Pixar for Disney is the one I'm waiting for the most!
It follows the life of a black cat called Nero in Venice, Italy. Nero becomes indebted with a mob boss cat and his life will become more challenging after that.
After d23 we know some details from the movie!
As every Disney movie, there is a hero and a villain but in Gatto the vilain it's not technically a human nor an animal, but water that totally make sense for cats especially if they live in Venice where there are literally gondola taxis to move from one place to another!
Another little curiousity of the movie is that even though the main characters are cats, pigeons play an important role too. There is a scene were the main pigeon screams to not let them pay for their silence while a person feeds them pop corn. I guess we have to wait March 2027 to find out what is the lore with the pigeons in this movie.
A little fun fact! This movie may look different because they did a mix between an hand-made 2D animation with modern CGI!!
By the title you can guess that it would be a bit of a thriller. This was officially announced at d23 fan event, here what we know!
The movie should be inspired by Asian myths where the alive and the dead interact but definitely not in a Coco way.
The teaser showed at the event show a young boy who enters a dark kitchen where he finds a still warm bowl of soup. The creators said that the movie is about hungry ghosts.
From Fandom I found out that the market is called Ono market, which makes sense since the movie was meant to be called Ono Ghost Market, and it serves lost souls who are not alive or dead completely so stuck in the middle. I always imagined ghosts as soul that left the world too soon and that is the reason why they haunt places or people which make the title choice very understandable and logic to me.
A little fun fact for this movie too! The project initially started as a serie and just later on it was changed to a film.
Yea I tricked you, there was one more original movie announced!!
It tells the story of Flip a mentor who was selected for the annual ritual to guide a clay ball named Mushy.
That is all we have for now along with the cast of some of the voice actors. It is surely not enough to start imagining what it could be like but for what we know it could be very amazing and the image of the title confirms it!! I'm sure that the animation will be all that I'm imagining right now and maybe more!!
Between all of these I have the most expectations for Gatto and I am more than intrigued to see the trailer of Ghost Market because the spooky vibes of the plot caught my allll attention!
As for hexed I still have my hopes high. I don't like to judge somethin or someone before getting the chance to know it better so I'll wait to see the movie. For now, the plot definitely got me hooked!
As always I am very eager to read what y'all think!
And I'll see you with another gem!!★★

No comments:
Post a Comment