2026-08-20

How long would you survive as a celebrity? - Geek girl

Just imagine: someone notice your je ne sais quoi, they tell you you would be perfect as a model, it was never on your plan but you try out anyway for your best friend's sake. They choose you and now you're a model for one of the best stylist in the entire mode industry, unfortunately you will sacrifice something on the way up, but you'll find a hidden passion too. How long would you survive in that industry?

I'm gonna be honest with you, this is a serie plot so there's nothing to imagine, we can just watch it.
This is Geek Girl, a serie you can watch on Netflix that I think it didn't really get the hype it deserved so I'm gonna try and change that.

Let's dig into it for this new gem!!

Hey clovers!
If you already watched this serie let me know what do you think about and if you haven't, I'll tell you more about it and try to convince you into watching it.

This serie has come out in 2024 and it was inspired by a novel with the same title written by Holly Smale.
Very fast, it talks about a girl named Harriet who is the main target for the bullies because of her interest in "geek
things". Harriet has a friend who is very passionate of modeling and everything mode related. They get to go see a runaway with the school (things that I don't think ever happened to anyone) in London Fashion Week. While there Harriet was noticed by a casting company and she and her friend, Nat have the chance to become models. Nat didn't get to become a model but Harriet did and here problems start. She will fight with her friend, make some enemies and maybe get with someone along the way?? No spoilers!!

Surely we all know that modeling is not an easy job. For years modeling industry were pretty toxic and to be casted you had to be incredibly skinny. Now things are definitely better thanks to all the body positivity.

Apart from the romance part, it really shows basically all the modeling sides: bad and good.
I love how they showed the competition, fan service and also a bit of a toxic side too.
And can we talk about the actors in this serie?? Emily Carey as Harriet was SPOT ON. I love her so much she's a spectacular actress. Zac Looker the man you are, loved him on Geek girl and on Elle: The Serie too!!

Now, let's talk about what I actually wanted to talk about: at one point, Harriet kind of had some trouble in the modeling industry and here we circle right back to the question in the tile: How long would you survive as a celebrity?
We know that working with the public is never easy because they always stick their nose up in your business so how long will it take to get any of us canceled? Very little for me, I'm sure. I'm with no filters at all, what I think I say so I'd last maybe last a day max? Of course this is all without the media train (made a post about it already!!) but even with, sometime things just slip out, and there's nothing you can do about it. Let's take what happened to Harriet as an example. When you work with movies, series advertisements mode industries etc. , there's a high chance you'd need to sign a NDA contract which is a Non Disclosure Agreement where you agree to not share private at the moment information with anyone. Of course, you would never not follow the agreement on purpose but sometime information slip out anyway.

And how about politics? Fans are nosy and when celebrities do a live at least one will ask about their political opinions. I don't remember which country in Asia but I think South Korea when it's the election period they can't make some hand gesture that represent a party or the other. There are soo many videos of idols doing maybe the peace sign realizing it after and fake counting to fix it.
This is not even talking about paparazzi because if people didn't like what Chappell Roan did I would be canceled in no time.


Personally, It's not possible to make me media trained, I yap too much and at some point something will happen to either get me canceled by fans or lose the job by leaking so
me information on accident, so thank god I'm not. I think that most of the time fans get to nosy. It is not a being to woke problem, some stars got canceled for good but sometime it's just about accusations or thing that shouldn't be fans' business love life, for instance. Plus with all the haters that now have AI access the accusation are even more credible and scarier for the public figures

So yea, this is it! I hope I convinced you to watch Geek Girl because I loved the serie so much but it got a bit of hype and then no one talked about it anymore. Not to hype you up, but there's the season 2 coming out soon too so you better watch it really fast so you don't get any spoilers!!
If you already watched it let me know what you think about it!
And how long would you survive as a celebrity?

I'll see you soon with another gem!!★★

2 comments:

marinaa said...

je connaissais pas la série je pense regarder !!

giaaa ★ said...

c'est trop belle je la recommend!!

crew girl - love triangle or not?

 So this new series was released on Netflix: Crew Girl . Of course I binge-watched the whole serie and I have A LOT to say. The weirdest thi...