I'm currently obsessed with this song. I love the meaning and how it fully describes Adéla's life (if you want to read about it you can visit this blog: https://pensarenvozaltaconali.blogspot.com !!).
As a girl who lives in a little town, hearing this song cured something in me that I didn't know needed curing, because as much as I can love the quiet life that a small town gives you, it also limits you a lot, and I hate that.
But what if we really don't gotta run away?
Let's dig into it for this new gem!
Hey clovers!
Today, I'll talk to you about a fantasy: what if we had everything we needed to be ourselves in our town?
This is impossible in my town, that's for sure. And yes, social media are kind of helping but we all know that it's an illusion. No one can become famous just by making videos on tik tok and it is just the truth. Even if I'm wrong, and you can become a well-known celebrity around the world with socials there is still the little town problem.
How many of you have or had to move out to go to university, college or even high school?
How many of you need to drive outside of town for a hobby or a passion?
How many of you thought what if I lived somewhere else?
We all know why this is the case. They open certain place only where they can earn, and you can't blame them.
I can't even name one singer/actor or artist in general that did not leave his idle town to follow their dreams. Surely living in a little town has its advantages like a quiet life, safer at night but apart from that, life there is practically impossible. Yes, you can study there and you can live there, but if want to do a more niche job, bare in mind I'm not even talking about being famous yet, it is very improbable you'll find it there.
So yes, you could totally be the next Beyoncé, but you'd have to move in LA to do so.
The book Seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo basically explains, in a fictional way, how hard it is to follow your dreams when the world's religion is capitalism and when you live in a little town.
I would love not to say that it is much more difficult to a woman but we are still a very sexist world and it's painfully true.
In the book Evelyn, who always dreamed of becoming a world wide known actress. escapes from her abusive home to follow her dreams. Try and guess, an alone little girl living in the streets, what could possibly happen, apart from rape? She then decided to outsmart them, and get married. The seven husbands are relevant to her story only cause as a poor woman she could've never made it without their money and their connections (it is also because her lover was a girl and at that time it could've ruined your career, more than now).
In fact, statistically, it is still more likely for a man to become famous rather than a woman, and that is because of ages of history of patriarchy, but let's get back on track.
You might debate that thanks to tv contests and social media it is actually more straightforward, and yes maybe you are partly right, but that's a very rare case. I know about maybe two people internationally that participated into a tv contest of any kind and became famous afterwards. Yes, they went viral, but that is only a temporary type of famous, and everyone will forget about it in a month max.
So yeah. Living in a little town limits us, and not just a little.
After this not-so-hopeful post, I just want to say to all my idle towners to take the risk, move out and make your dream life come true. We only live once, and I would hate to find out that I could've had everything I wanted if only I decided to. Break the butterfly effect and believe in yourself and what you can do. ♡
See you soon with another gem! ★
2 comments:
j'adore !
omg merci j'aime trop ton blog!!
Post a Comment