KATSEYE is now one of the most popular global girl group at the moment.
It's all started in 2023 with the reality contest Dream Academy and through the years they gained hype fame and multiple fans.
Unfortunately, the group also received a lot of critique (some are straight off shitstorm, if you ask me) and now that Manon's on hiatus and Sophia following her lead, a lot of fans started spiraling.
Is the group breaking apart?
What is going on?
Let's dig into it for this new gem!
Hey clovers!
It is impossible not to have heard about KATSEYE. Whether you like their music and you're a fan or whether you heard about their advertisement for Gap, I'm sure this name is not unknowned to you.
If you're not a fan though, you probably haven't heard about the various member's hiatus and the critiques going on, so here I am, to summarize it for you!
We should start by saying when these critiques (or shitstorm in my opinion) started happening.
We have to go allll the way back to Gnarly, first single of their album Beautiful Chaos. At the time, the single was very much loved, it even got them on the Billboard 100, which is a big deal in the music industry. Followed by Gabriela and Gameboy, everything was great for them, then Internet girl happened.
At first it was a bop like gnarly and everyone seemed to enjoy it but then Iconic By Mistake comes and some fans start asking where are the vocals that they were serving in their previous album, SIS Soft Is Strong, and some haters started saying that Daniela, lead dancer, overdances. Crazy, if you ask me, I mean, how dare she, t
he lead dancer, give her all while dancing.
he lead dancer, give her all while dancing.
And by the way, these are still going on, not as much especially since Animal, which we can all agree that has some great ass vocals. Although this new single rose up new critiques for the coreography, saying that is bland and repetitive.
If I can give my humble opinion KATSEYE's fandom is sooo double sided. They can be toxic as hell saying all type of things to the people they claim to stan. Not all, thankfully.
Beside all of this that, let's be real, if I was famous, I wouldn't care about it so I don't think they do and honestly, as they should because sometime people are just ridiculously mean for no reason.
But now that two members of the group are on hiatus other arguments are rising up.
There many people who believe that they will get disbanded later in the future or that Manon is not coming back at all.
I personally don't believe that this will happen, but even so, it is not our decision.
Today, I want to talk about Daniela's hate and a backup dancer of KATSEYE that spoke up about Manon's hiatus
First of all the "mean girl allegations".
Most of the times this is directed to Daniela. I'm starting to think that they don't like her at all.
So why are they accusing her mostly? So from what I understood, there isn't really a last drop situation it's more like a broad thing that degenerated with the time.
People started noticing some considered rude comments, like for instance, while they were on Jimmy Fallon's show she said she would switch
with Sophia because she's really good at lying and always keeps a straight face.
with Sophia because she's really good at lying and always keeps a straight face.
One time she mentioned that her favourite artist is Playboi Carti adding that he saved her life. If you don't know Playboi Carti was arrested in 2023 for beating her pregnant girlfriend and trying to choke her. Of course knowing this some fans didn't like the statement Daniela made.
There are many other things to add on this like trumpie accusations (which are insane to me but yea) and something that happened with Daniela's father but I don't know much about it and this is already prettyyy long so, maybe another time.
She started by saying that she's speaking up on a specific account because it has a large audience.
Then she said her own opinion, admitting that she understands Manon and the decision she made and straight after that, she explained that in Asia and in the West there are two different mindset: living to work and working to live respectively and that this is the reason why Manon couldn't keep up.
She clarified that it wasn't a racist situation and continued by saying that Manon was clearly the favourite in the reality, and she then compared her to Adéla saying that she deserved not to be eliminated since Manon that didn't follow all the rules there wasn't.
Now, if you're asking my opinion on this, Manon did what is best for her and what honestly every member should do because all of them are more than overworked and this is not about mindset but about human rights.
I'm genuinely happy that Sophia decided to go on hiatus too, even though this incresed the "they are disbanding" thoughts. They've been doing A LOT and by what the backup dancer said, the rehearsal hours are ten too much and probably one of the reason of Manon's and Sophia's hiatus.
This is just a little drop of the many questions rising up, like the clothes for example, and how many of tha fans think the HYBE X GEFFEN waited Yoonchae to be 18 to put her and all of the other members in more revealing clothes, like the lingerie photoshoot implies.
The important thing for me is that they are all healthy and happy. I'm glad they are finally taking the time for a break from all the interviews and recording songs, especially if this is becoming too much for them at the point that they are not happy anymore of doing what they love.
As always this is just my humble opinion and I want to know what you guys think
I'll see you soon with another gem!! ★★
No comments:
Post a Comment