2026-08-13

what's your lucky charm?

Yesterday I made a Chinese lucky knot, and it came out so good!! I actually made it with a shoe lace but I added charms and everything so now it's a really cute lucky charm that made me see more than five shooting stars yesterday! Along with the eclipse, of course.
I love lucky charms, I have so many and when I have a test or some really important event, I take them all with me. I know that they don't really do anything, but bringing them with me makes me feel more confident and it doesn't give me the chance to think about how stressed I am.
Why though?

Let's dig into it for this new gem!

Hey clovers!

Did you see some shooting stars yesterday? How about the eclipse? It was so pretty!! Unfortunately here where I watched it, it wasn't full but still very breathtaking!! 
So, about lucky charms!
The definition is: an object that is thought to bring luck
Out of all my expectations, they are very old, almost as much as civilization: amulets such as heart scarab, were the very first type of lucky charms we have in history.
Nowadays the most commonly known lucky charms are clover, horseshoe, rabbit foot and lucky penny but every country has their own lucky symbols, for instance the Chinese lucky knot I mentioned before? it was traditionally used to ward off evil spirits and now they are just mostly decorative, especially in festive times. Knotting in China's culture is an art that originally was used to exchange messages (or at least that's the believing) and each type of knot has a different meaning.

Why do we believe in lucky charms tho?
Before searching it, I thought it was more of a tradition that was continued for no reason type of situation. Years ago, us humans didn't have an answer for everything so they started inventing; myths, religions and many other. I thought that lucky charms was a part of it but some psychologist would say otherwise.
As in prophetic dreams it's all about coincidences. Our brain is made to recognize patterns. This helps us make presumptions of what is going to happen next and it prepares us to avoid possible dangers. 
That's where lucky charms chime in. When our brain recognize the pattern lucky charm with us=good thing happen it makes us believe it too. It is crazy how just a simple pattern recognition can make us believe that something is lucky. 
I think that for some lucky objects the answer is much easier. Let's take the four leaf clover as an example. It is incredibly difficult to find one, whether it's because you can't see for your life like me or simply because the odds are 1 in 10000,  therefore, when we find one we feel lucky and we bring it with us because it's a reminder of that luck.
If you're unlucky like me and never found a four leaf clover you probably bought or made your own lucky charm.
My first one was a purple ring that didn't even cost that much that helped me pas a very difficult exam for the little me perspective and since then, I wear it to every test I take. In the end, it is not just insanely pretty but also lucky.
I also think that three is my lucky number. I don't really remember when I started believing it but everywhere I go, I tend to notice them.

Although lucky charms definitely don't really work they give confidence and the feeling that we are protected by bad things, such as the evil eye, so I will continue believing in them and bringing them with me everywhere I go, especially now that I made a new one so pretty!
I wonder if sometime we consider an object lucky just because they remind us of an happy moment and not really a lucky lucky one.

Let me know what you think!
And I'll see you soon with another gem!!★★




No comments:

crew girl - love triangle or not?

 So this new series was released on Netflix: Crew Girl . Of course I binge-watched the whole serie and I have A LOT to say. The weirdest thi...